In this day and age, the internet is probably one of the most crucial tools you can use to create a successful business. The internet is omnipresent and if your presence cannot be felt online then there is a very high chance that you will miss out on a lot. If you are running a cannabis business you need to build your reputation and promote your brand on the internet in the best way you can.
When you decide to practice cannabis marketing it is important that you exploit the natural curiosity that can be found in human beings. Humans have a thirst for knowledge especially on issues that they do not fully understand. But if the text is too complex or long they will rarely read it since in today’s world there is very little time to spare. You need to present your info in an easy to digest and visually appealing form. Below are a couple of the strategies that will help you grow your website traffic:
1. Infographics: This is the use of visual representation to help show the maximum amount of data using the minimum package possible. This is a good way to represent data that is of great importance to the user. For cannabis, you could show the advantages of using the substance and myths that are associated with marijuana. The facts presented here should be interesting so that they can be shared on social media sites which will help generate a lot of traffic.
2. Videos: The use of videos can also really help increase traffic. For cannabis marketing, you can post videos where you are showing people how to roll the marijuana which they are going to use for medicinal or recreational purposes. It takes very little time and effort to produce the videos but they will most certainly be well received. Videos that are rich in information not only go viral but they are also ranked highly on Google search engines and this is great for business.
3. Guest Posting & Blog Posting: For the videos or infographics to work for your website they need to be seen by many people. The internet is a cruel place since you may post a great video which will get no likes while a lame video may go viral in just a few hours. You should devote time and money to build your presence through other means. One of the most popular of these is guest posting. This is where you get to post your content on another person’s blog. This will provide you with a lot of exposure and the owner of the blog will have good content for the site.
4. Authorship: On Google, they have a feature called Authorship which allows you to claim ownership of content published on the internet and link it to your Google profile. The search engine results will display a link to your Google+ profile and picture so that those who are interested can see what else you have to offer. Through your Google profile, you will be in a better position to continue cannabis marketing.
5. Social Media: Now this topic will have to be a blog post of its own. But let’s keep it straight and to the point. If you’re in the cannabis industry and you’re not posting HIGH-QUALITY images of your cannabis products, you’re missing out. Social media can produce enormous amounts of results for your dispensary IF you’re doing it right. Consider posting live videos discussing a new strand, or create an educational video series on Facebook, Instagram & YouTube that teaches people about the different strands that you have. Even if you do not have some high quality $2,000 camera you can still use your iPhone or Android to produce these videos (something is better than nothing). If you’re looking for help in this space we offer social media marketing services that can help you in this space.
6. Events: Recently in Tulsa, there was an event called Waldo’s Forever Fest in Tulsa hosted by Route 66 Dispensary. Vendors were charged $500 to attend with a 10×10 booth space to set up whatever they wanted. Sooner Marketing took Buzzn Smoke & Vape Shop to this event (check their project page for pictures) and was a huge success! They were not only able to make a visual presence handing out cards but also sell an extra $600+ worth of products in a few hours! If you’re looking for help in this field we offer experiential marketing and you can contact us here for assistance, we’d love to help.